- P.O. Protocol
- Patient fasting x 4-6 hours.
- 1350 cc PO contrast ingested over 1 hour.
- 450 cc during 0-15 min.
- 450 cc during 15-30 min.
- 450 cc during 30-45 min.
- 1 cup (8 oz) WATER on table.
- Void prior to getting on table.
- Supine positioning
- CONTRAINDICATIONS: allergy, pheochromocytoma, insulinoma.
- 0.5 mg IM pre-imaging
- 0.5 mg IV pre-contrast
- Flush with sterile water IV
- Send patient home with graham crackers. Encourage carbohydrates.
- Charge for Glucagon and Gadolinium
Last updated: 4/12/19
Charge as: Abdomen WWO
Scanner preference: MR2. Use “MRE Enterography” protocol for MR1
Coil: Torso Coil
Contrast: Gad and Glucagon
- Scan on expiration.
- Monitor that patient is breath-holding. Breathe the patient slowly so they have time to follow instructions. Do not start scan until the patient has stopped breathing.
- Give 2L O2 if it will help with breath-holds UNLESS PATIENT HAS COPD OR ANOTHER REASON NOT TO GIVE O2.
1 cup (8 oz) WATER on table immediately before starting exam
|8oz water before exam start||1 cup (8 oz) WATER on table immediately before starting exam|
|COR||T2||SSTSE||5 mm||1 mm||N||Liver through Symphysis||Check images to make sure contrast has reached the large intestine. If it has not, instruct the patient to walk around for a short time and try again|
RAD RN to inject 1st dose of glucagon before continuing imaging
|AX||T2||SSTSE||5 mm||1 mm||N||Liver through Symphysis||May be separated into overlapping stacks. Do not interleave images.|
|COR||T2||BTFE||6 mm||0.6 mm||N||Liver through Symphysis|
|AX||T2||BTFE||6 mm||0.6 mm||N||Liver through Symphysis||May be separated into overlapping stacks. Do not interleave images.|
|COR||T2||BTFE||6 mm||0.6 mm||Y||Liver through Symphysis|
|COR||T1||3D mDixon- Pre||4 mm||-2 mm||Y||Liver through Symphysis|
- Rad Rn injects 2nd Glucagon injection 0.5 mg through IV immediately prior to connecting power injector to patient
- Power Inject @ 3 mL/sec: image @ 45 sec delay
|COR||T1||3D mDixon Post x3||4 mm||-2 mm||Y||Liver through Symphysis|
|AX||T1||3D mDixon||4 mm||-2 mm||Y||Liver through Symphysis||May be separated into overlapping stacks. Do not interleave images|
|COR||T1||3D THRIVE||3 mm||-1.5 mm||Y||Liver through Symphysis|
|AX||T2||DWI||7 mm||1 mm||Y||Liver though Symphysis|