Introductory training provides a foundation for professionals and parents interested in learning Collaborative Problem Solving, an evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. These introductory trainings serve as a prerequisite for our intensive training workshops for professionals and advanced trainings for parents.
- ONLINE Introduction to Think:Kids Collaborative Problem Solving ™ Training October 9th, 2019 12:30pm-3:00pm OHSU Instructors & Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Beth Holliman, LPC and Margaret Johnson, LMSW This training is being offered at no cost, please click here to register for the intro training For questions contact CPS
- CPS Introductory Training Nov. 7, 2019 8:30am-3:30pm Baker School District - Baker City, OR (LIMITED SEATS OPEN TO PUBLIC). Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology, Certified Trauma Practitioner - Clinical (CTP-C®) & Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Spec. Ed, Certified Trauma Practitioner of Education (CTP-E®). To register for intro training please click here For questions, please contact Doris Bowman Visit Bowman Consult Group for updates and a list of current trainings.
- CPS Introductory Training Nov. 8, 2019 8:30am-3:30pm Baker School District - Baker City, OR (LIMITED SEATS OPEN TO PUBLIC). Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology, Certified Trauma Practitioner - Clinical (CTP-C®) & Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Spec. Ed, Certified Trauma Practitioner of Education (CTP-E®). To register for intro training please click here For questions, please contact Doris Bowman Visit Bowman Consult Group for updates and a list of current trainings.
- CPS Introductory Training Nov. 8, 2019 8:30am -4:30pm 5.5 CEUs Awarded and lunch provided ThinkKids Certified Trainer: Elizabeth McMahan, LCSW, Children’s Farm Home, Old School Conference Center 4455 NE 20 Highway Corvallis, OR to register for intro training please click here For questions please contact Elizabeth McMahan.
Tier I Intensive Training
This 2-1/2 day intensive training is intended for mental health clinicians, educators, parents, and community partners. Participants should have some introductory exposure to the model, and have interest in becoming more proficient in this innovative approach. Relationally based, CPS views challenging behavior as a learning disability of some very crucial cognitive (thinking) skills necessary to handle the demands of everyday life and not the result of a child’s willfulness or poor parenting. Through a more empathetic and accurate understanding of what is getting in a child’s way, we (parents, educators, clinicians) are better able intervene to support children through a collaborative process of teaching skills and solving problems.
- Tier I Training - October 2-4, 2019, NWRESD 5825 NE Ray Circle, Hillsboro, OR 97214 Note: this training offers 16 PDUs. Think:Kids Certified Trainers, Randi Cooper, M.Ed. Special Education, Behavior Specialist & Consultant and Jordan Spikes, B.S. Psychology, Clinical Trainer & Consultant. To download a flyer & register for this training, Please click here. For more information please contact Paul Thompson 503-614-1724 x1724
- Tier I Training - October 2-4, 2019, Old School Conference & Event Center, 4455 NE Highway 20, Corvallis, OR 97330. Limited Seating. Think:Kids Certified Trainers Elizabeth McMahan, LCSW & Alicia Myers. Note: this Tier 1 offers 16.75 CEUs available through NASW. To register online, please click here. For questions contact Elizabeth McMahan
- Tier I Training- October 28-30, 2019 Portland, Oregon. Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Special ED & Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology NOTE: This Tier 1 offers 2 graduate credits through SPU, 16 NASW. For more information or to reserve a seat contact Doris Bowman 503-896-6780 To register online, please click here. Visit Bowman Consulting Group website to view all upcoming trainings.
- Tier I Training- October 30-November 1, 2019, Inn at the Commons, 200 N Riverside Dr., Medford, Oregon. OHSU Instructors & Think:Kinds Certified Trainers, Beth Holliman, LPC and Margaret Johnson, LMSW Limited Scholarships available. Registration is required, download registration form Please save your PDF before emailing to Elisa Ross
Tier II Advanced Training
Participants who have successfully completed Tier I may be eligible to attend this advanced training. Tier II training focuses on advancing skills in applying the model through a combination of didactic lectures, role-playing, videotape examples, case presentations, and breakout groups with topics of specific interest to clinicians and educators. Participants receive personal attention and individualized feedback during breakout sessions from Think:Kids Certified Trainers while also benefiting from opportunities for networking. *Tier I and Tier II cannot be taken during the same summer or winter. A minimum of six months is required between Tier I and Tier II training so that participants have an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn. Please contact Think:Kids at Massachusetts General Hospital to inquire about Collaborative Problem Solving Tier II Advanced Training, 617-643-6030 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tier II November 6-8, 2019, NWRESD 5825 NE Ray Circle, Hillsboro, OR 97124. Think:Kids Certified Trainer Randi Cooper, M.Ed. Special Education, Behavior Specialist & Consultant To download a Flyer and an application please click here For more information please contact Paul Thompson 503-614-1724
CPS Oregon outpatient provider learning community
This learning community is designed for those who have attended a Tier 1 Training in Collaborative Problem Solving and are now attempting to use CPS in your work with children and families. As mental health therapists, social workers, and nurse practitioners using this model, we may sometimes find ourselves stuck. The intention of this group is to pull together like-minded professionals to brainstorm, discuss, and troubleshoot areas that tend to get messy when using this model in individual and/or family outpatient therapy. We are hoping to create a format for learning and offer support to each other while also ensuring that we practice the model to fidelity. Class meets the second Wednesday of every month from 8:00am-9:00am PST, in person, teleconference or video conference. Please download a flyer for more information. Email CPS for questions.
CPS Online Drop in for Educators
Do you work in a school? Are you trying to use the model in your classroom and wish you had some help? Are you getting stuck and need some help troubleshooting?
Educators can now access a Think:Kids Certified Trainer online the fourth Tuesday of each month at 3:45pm. This time can be used to brainstorm how to address challenging situations using the CPS model, discuss strategies for intervening and troubleshoot sticking points. Download a flyer for more information the meeting link. Please email CPS for questions.
Interested in becoming a Think:Kids Certified Trainer?
For information on the Think:Kids Certification Program please visit Think:Kids website