Calendar of CPS Trainings and Events in Oregon
Please click this link to view a Calendar of CPS Trainings and Events in Oregon
Introductory training provides a foundation for professionals and parents interested in learning Collaborative Problem Solving, an evidence-based approach to understanding and helping children and adolescents with behavioral challenges. These Introductory Trainings serve as a prerequisite for our intensive training workshops for professionals and advanced trainings for parents.
Visit Think:Kids to register for an online CPS Intro Training
Tier I Intensive Training
This 2-1/2 day intensive training is intended for mental health clinicians, educators, parents, and community partners. Participants should have some introductory exposure to the model, and have interest in becoming more proficient in this innovative approach. Relationally based, CPS views challenging behavior as a learning disability of some very crucial cognitive (thinking) skills necessary to handle the demands of everyday life and not the result of a child’s willfulness or poor parenting. Through a more empathetic and accurate understanding of what is getting in a child’s way, we (parents, educators, clinicians) are better able intervene to support children through a collaborative process of teaching skills and solving problems.
- CLASS IS FULL REGISTRATION CLOSED Tier 1 Training- February 25-27, 2020 Wellspring Conference Center 1457 Mt Hood Ave. Woodburn, Oregon.Think:Kids Certified Trainer and OHSU Instructor, Margaret Johnson, LMSW. Registration is required. This Training will offer a limited number of scholarships and is open to the public. For questions email CPS.
- Tier 1 Training - March 30 - April 1, 2020 Oakland, California. Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Special ED & Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology NOTE: This Tier 1 offers 2 graduate credits through SPU, and 16 NASW CEU's. Please click here to Register for this training For more information contact Doris Bowman Visit Bowman Consulting Group to view all upcoming trainings.
- Tier 1 Training-April 16-18, 2020 Baker City, Oregon. Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Special ED & Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology NOTE: This Tier 1 offers 2 graduate credits through SPU, and 16 NASW CEU's. Please click here to Register for this training For more information contact Doris Bowman Visit Bowman Consulting Group to view all upcoming trainings.
- SAVE THE DATE: Tier 1 Training- April 20-22, 2020 Salem, DHS HSB office. This training is for the BRS Community only- It is not open to the public. Training information and details, please email CPS
- SAVE THE DATE :Tier 1 Training - August 19-21, 2020 Portland, Oregon area (School agency sponsored - location TBD). Think:Kids Certified Trainers: Doris Bowman, M.S. Ed/Special ED & Rick Bowman, M.A. Clinical Psychology NOTE: This Tier 1 offers 2 graduate credits through SPU, and 16 NASW CEU's. To be placed on a contact list for this training, email Doris Bowman. Visit Bowman Consulting Group to view all upcoming trainings.
Tier II Advanced Training
Participants who have successfully completed Tier I may be eligible to attend this advanced training. Tier II training focuses on advancing skills in applying the model through a combination of didactic lectures, role-playing, videotape examples, case presentations, and breakout groups with topics of specific interest to clinicians and educators. Participants receive personal attention and individualized feedback during breakout sessions from Think:Kids Certified Trainers while also benefiting from opportunities for networking. *Tier I and Tier II cannot be taken during the same summer or winter. A minimum of six months is required between Tier I and Tier II training so that participants have an opportunity to apply and practice what they learn. Please contact Think:Kids at Massachusetts General Hospital to inquire about Collaborative Problem Solving Tier II Advanced Training, 617-643-6030 email@example.com
CPS Oregon outpatient provider learning community
This learning community is designed for those who have attended a Tier 1 Training in Collaborative Problem Solving and are now attempting to use CPS in your work with children and families. As mental health therapists, social workers, and nurse practitioners using this model, we may sometimes find ourselves stuck. The intention of this group is to pull together like-minded professionals to brainstorm, discuss, and troubleshoot areas that tend to get messy when using this model in individual and/or family outpatient therapy. We are hoping to create a format for learning and offer support to each other while also ensuring that we practice the model to fidelity. Class meets the second Wednesday of every month from 8:00am-9:00am PST, in person, teleconference or video conference. Please download a flyer for more information. Email CPS for questions.
CPS Online Drop in for Educators
Do you work in a school? Are you trying to use the model in your classroom and wish you had some help? Are you getting stuck and need some help troubleshooting?
Educators can now access a Think:Kids Certified Trainer online the fourth Tuesday of each month at 3:45pm. This time can be used to brainstorm how to address challenging situations using the CPS model, discuss strategies for intervening and troubleshoot sticking points. Download a flyer for more information the meeting link. Please email CPS for questions.
Interested in becoming a Think:Kids Certified Trainer?
For information on the Think:Kids Certification Program please visit Think:Kids website