The OHSU School of Medicine Alumni Association builds and fosters a community of support for lifelong learning, service and connection to benefit the OHSU School of Medicine, its students and alumni.
We enrich our community through the following six areas.
- Education: Connecting alumni with lifelong learning through career and continuing education opportunities
- Engagement: Understanding how our alumni relate to the school and continually seeking to transform that knowledge into action
- Information: Expanding awareness of the school through print, electronic and social media
- Philanthropy: Advocating for alumni support of the needs of the OHSU School of Medicine
- Service: Utilizing the career experiences of alumni to enrich the curriculum and training programs
- Fellowship: Promoting opportunities for alumni to reconnect with the school and with each other
The OHSU School of Medicine Alumni Association comprises more than 17,000 members. Membership is free and automatic to all OHSU School of Medicine graduates who have received a degree from the School of Medicine (formerly the University of Oregon Medical School), Oregon Health & Science University. This includes graduates of the M.D., Ph.D., master’s, Allied Health, certificate and residency, fellowship and postdoctoral training programs. Current students and residents/fellows are also members.
Guided by a strategic plan, the Alumni Council leads association activities and represents the alumni perspective to the OHSU School of Medicine administration.
President: John Tongue, M.D., R '74
Immediate Past President: Michael Powers, M.D. '85, R '88, R '91
President-elect: Norah Verbout, Ph.D. '08
Secretary/Treasurer: Michael Deeney, M.D. '60
Marcus Chiodo, M.D. '11
Kimberly Cummings, M.D. '10
Abby Dotson, Ph.D.
Danielle Erb. M.D. '86
Jeffrey Fullman, M.D. '80, R '83
Donald Girard, M.D., R '73, MACP
Karen Gunson, M.D. '81, R '85
Mark Hattenhauer, M.D. '66, R '72, R '74
Joanne Jene, M.D. '60, R '63
David Noall, M.D. '71, R '77
Natasha Polensek, M.D. '90, R '94
Dawn Rogers, MPAS '12
Peter Sullivan, M.D., R '98
Tod Tolan, M.D. '75
Barbara Wagner, M.D., R '73
Robert "Bass" Wagner, M.D., R '73
William "Slate" Wilson, M.D. '64
Jackie Wirz, Ph.D. '11
Annie Zemper, Ph.D. '10
House staff representative
Lillian Klug, Ph.D. '17
Graduate student representatives
Medical student representatives
Allison Junell, MSIV
Jared Edwards, MSIII
Ellie Schmidt, MSII
Interested in learning more about the Council? Email Mark Kemball, Director, Alumni Relations
Alumni email address for life
The OHSU Alumni Email Address for Life program offers an alumni email address to graduates of OHSU's degree, certificate and training programs. Email us to learn more.
OHSU Library privileges
If you are a health professional licensed and practicing in Oregon, you may be eligible for access to information resources via the OHSU Library. Learn more and/or sign up
Licensed health professionals in Washington may be eligible for a similar program run by the State of Washington. Learn more
All Oregon residents may access OHSU Library physical materials in one of two ways:
- In person from the OHSU Library on Marquam Hill. Materials borrowed must be returned to the same location, either in person or via mail service. The fee for this service is currently $50. This service is available to all residents of Oregon who have a library card at no charge thanks to a program facilitated by the State Library.
- By using interlibrary loan at your local library. Materials are delivered to your local library and are initially available for a three-week loan, with one renewal. Your local library may charge a fee for this service.
Visiting Portland from out of town? Take advantage of some great hotel rates for members of the OHSU community at local hotels and other amenities.
Visit our Keep Informed page to submit a class note, view back issues and more
Published each spring and fall, Bridges is a magazine of people, connections and community for more than 15,000 alumni and friends of the OHSU School of Medicine. It is sent free and automatically to all alumni of record.
OHSU Medicine Matters
OHSU Medicine Matters is a periodic e-journal of life and work in today’s OHSU School of Medicine. It is emailed to alumni, students and friends.
Alumni network on LinkedIn
Join our growing alumni network on the world's largest professional networking site.
OHSU Alumni Relations Program
1121 S.W. Salmon Street, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97205
503-220-8327 │ Email