Resources for your career
Graduating from the OHSU School of Dentistry is just the beginning of your dental career and relationship as an Alumni. The School of Dentistry and Alumni Association are here to help connect you and support your professional development with resources, events, and Continuing Education Courses.
Dentistry professional organizations
Recommended professional organizations for OHSU Dentistry alumni to stay current with the profession and network.
- American Dental Association
- Oregon Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Oregon Academy of General Dentistry
- Oregon Dental Foundation
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American College of Prosthodontics
Access to OHSU Library facilities
Residents of Oregon
All Oregon residents may access OHSU Library physical materials in one of two ways:
- In person from the OHSU Library on Marquam Hill. Materials borrowed must be returned to the same location, either in person or via mail service. The fee for this service is currently $50. From January 2013 this service will be available to all residents of Oregon who have a library card at no charge thanks to a program facilitated by the State Library.
- By using interlibrary loan at your local library. Materials are delivered to your local library and are initially available for a three-week loan, with one renewal. Your local library may charge a fee for this service.
Licensed Health Professionals Practicing in Oregon
In addition to the services described above, if you are a health professional licensed and practicing in Oregon you may be eligible for access to over a thousand journal titles via EBSCO Medline as well as other electronic books and databases. To see if you are eligible and/or to sign up, please complete the application form.