I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Dr. Tran specializes in pregnancy care for women with complex medical issues or chronic conditions that may require additional care during pregnancy, such as diabetes and hypertension. She enjoys caring for the whole patient and the challenge of caring for two (sometimes more!) patients at once.
In addition to clinical medicine, Dr. Tran is also actively involved in medical education as the OHSU OBGYN Clinical Experience Director. In this role, she enjoys teaching medical students, developing curriculum, and mentoring students who are pursuing careers in women's health.
During her spare time, she enjoys cooking, running, gardening, painting, and spending time with her family. Originally from California, she has enjoyed discovering all the natural beauty, food and outdoor activities that the Pacific Northwest has to offer.
Pregnancy and childbirth philosophy:
"My philosophy is simple: healthy mom and healthy baby. I encourage my patients to be actively involved in their care and want women to have safe pregnancies and deliveries in which their preferences are honored."
- B.A., 1995, Molecular Cell Biology, University of California
- B.A., 1995, Psychology, University of California
- M.D., 2001, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Kaiser Hospital, San Francisco, CA, 2005
- Combined Maternal Fetal Medicine and Medical Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, 2009
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine, American Board of OB/Gyn, 2012
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, American Board of OB/Gyn, 2009
- Clinical Genetics, American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics, 2007
Memberships and associations
- Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine (SMFM)
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG)
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO)