- M.D., The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 1995
- Internship/residency in pediatrics, The Maine Medical Center, Portland, 1988
- Postdoctoral fellowship in medical genetics, The Center for Medical Genetics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, 1991
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1988
Dr. Hayflick specializes in research and treatment of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation (NBIA) disorders, a group of rare, inherited, neurological disorders. Dr. Hayflick is a leader in the community of scientists and clinicians working to find treatments for the NBIA disorders. She is a clinical, biochemical and molecular geneticis who sees patients and consults on NBIA cases world-wide. She also specializes in PKAN, BPAN, INAD, PLAN, FAHN, MPAN, CoPAN, MePAN, and related disorders. Dr. Hayflick sees patients by appointment only.
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Human Genetics
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants: