Dr. Kim is a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics (board-certified orthodontist). She is an assistant professor and the predoctoral program director in the department of Orthodontics at OHSU. Before joining OHSU, Dr. Kim was an associate orthodontist in corporate dental offices in Texas and an adjunct instructor of Orthodontics at the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Kim has made a commitment to learning new orthodontic skills and technology through attending continuing education courses and orthodontic association meetings. Dr. Kim is a certified Invisalign® provider and completed the Invisalign® Orthodontic Master Program. Dr. Kim has been awarded the 2019 and 2021 Willie and Earl Shepard Orthodontic Faculty Development Fellowship Award (OFDFA) from the American Association of Orthodontists Foundation. Her application was selected as the most meritorious both in the 2019 and 2021 OFDFA category. In addition to her AAOF awards, Dr. Kim was one of three orthodontic faculty in the United States selected for sponsorship by AAO (American Association of Orthodontists) Council of Education Program Committee to attend the 2019 Academy of Academic Leadership Program.
Education and training
- D.M.D., 2013, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., 2020, Portland State University
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 2016
- Dimplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
Memberships and associations:
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honors Fraternity
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Oregon Dental Association
- Multnomah Dental Society
- 2020 President of Oregon State Society of Orthodontists
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.