Special focus on
- Critical Care (Pediatric)
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica 2003
- Pediatrics, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, 2006
- Pediatric critical care, Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, 2009
- Dr. Shibata is board certified in both pediatrics (2006) and pediatric critical care medicine (2010).
Dr. Shibata received his medical degree in 2003 from Ross University School of Medicine. He completed his pediatric residency at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY in 2006 and then finished a pediatric critical care fellowship at Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, CA in 2009. Shortly after, he served in Doctors without Borders in Malawi, Africa, to provide care to children with TB, malaria, HIV, malnutrition, and measles for 11 months. In March of 2011, he also participated in the earthquake/tsunami relief effort by volunteering at a hospital in the Miyagi prefecture of Japan.