Special focus on
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cholesterol/Lipid Management
- Preventive Cardiology
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai/Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Mount Sinai/Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Diseases (2006, 2015)
Dr. Shapiro is director of OHSU’s Cardiac MRI an CT program and is board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular CT (imaging), and Lipidology (cholesterol). His clinical expertise includes:
Genetic and acquired disorders of cholesterol and triglycerides Atherosclerosis Imaging (Non-invasive imaging of the heart arteries) Genetic predisposition to early heart attacks Cardiovascular risk assessment in apparently healthy individuals Clinical trials of new cholesterol and triglyceride lowering drugsRead more
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants:
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of SAR236553/REGN727 on the Occurrence of Cardiovascular Events in Patients Who Have Recently Experienced an Acute Coronary Syndrome (Odyssey Outcomes)
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Study of ISIS 304801 Administered Subcutaneously to Patients with Hypertriglyceridemia (ISIS 304801 CS16 - COMPASS)
- A Multi-Center, Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of AMR101 on Cardiovascular Health and Mortality in Hypertriglyceridemic Patients with Cardiovascular Disease or at High Risk for Cardiovascular Disease: REDUCE-IT (Reduction of Cardiovascular Events with EPA – Intervention Trial)
- International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness with Medical and Invasive Approaches (ISCHEMIA)
- CAscade SCreening for Awareness and DEtection of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (CASCADE FH Registry)
4.9 out of 5 (86 Ratings, 25 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Feb 18, 2019
Very thorough, good listener, answered my questions and made useful recommendations. Didn't seem bothered if I interrupted him like some docs do.
- Feb 17, 2019
Dr. Shapiro is always friendly, and very informative. He projects a genuine concern for the care of his patients.
- Feb 04, 2019
Dr. Shapiro is very knowledgeable and seemed to care a lot about all of his patients. I felt like he really listen to my specific concerns and addressed them clearly and carefully. His team was great and I felt I received excellent care and customer service that day. Thank you.
- Feb 03, 2019
Dr. Shapiro and his team have continued to provide timely and expert care in a seamless and patient centric manner. As a physician myself, I can appreciate their high level of professionalism and am grateful to be a beneficiary.
- Feb 03, 2019
I was very impressed with my visit with Dr. Shapiro, he was acknowledgeable, sincere, made me feel very comfortable. I will look forward to our continued relationship.
- Jan 07, 2019
Dr. Shapiro is outstanding, clear, organized, and renders care at the highest order. I am thankful he is my cardiologist.
- Jan 05, 2019
Our visit with Dr Shapiro was helpful, thoughtful and complete.
- Dec 28, 2018
Dr Shapiro was very thorough and explained everything very clearly.Very nice person and caring
- Dec 23, 2018
Dr. Shapiro was friendly, and patient answering my questions. I felt I was in the presence of an expert.
- Nov 28, 2018
Excellent experience. My only "disappointment" is that I thought Dr. Shapiro or someone on his team would have listened to my heart. Otherwise, it was an excellent experience.
- Nov 17, 2018
I have worked with Dr. Shapiro over a number of years and have enjoyed both, have enjoyed and appreciated his approach to my care. I can say nothing but the best things about him.
- Nov 13, 2018
I felt the provider was very focused,knowledgeable and forthright in the discussion we had about my health. He was warm, seemed very present, caring and took the time the consultation needed without being hurried.
- Nov 11, 2018
Always well informed, happy to provide all the information at his fingertips. I can tailor my treatment to my comfort level with different approaches. A true professional.
- Nov 10, 2018
Dr. Shapiro is extremely professional, highly knowledgeable, and very, very considerate of the patient's ongoing Health Care.
- Nov 03, 2018
I had an amazing experience. Dr. Shapiro was very professional and has excellent patient communication skills. He offered his expert opinion regarding my health issues, listened intently and answered all of the questions I had with care and interest. I love that he had a fellow and medical student in the room. I left feeling understood and heard. I look forward to working with him in the future.
- Oct 06, 2018
Dr. Shapiro was very knowledgeable, friendly, and communicated very well.
- Aug 31, 2018
Dr Shapiro was attentive, professional and helped me better understand my condition.
- Aug 26, 2018
I was prompt getting into the office I didn't have to wait. Dr. Sharpi*
- Aug 13, 2018
Very detailed and knowledgeable.
- Jul 21, 2018
He is very knowledgeable, patience, easy to communicate with, and listen to their patient?s concern. Overall my experience at OHSU was excellent.
- Jul 10, 2018
I believe I received excellent service from Dr. Shapiro period. He was very thorough period. Very hands on and gave me lots of information about my treatment. Very highly appreciated. Thank you.
- Mar 01, 2018
Everything is fine, but please stop asking me to donate blood to your research.
- Feb 15, 2018
Dr. Shapiro is the consummate professional. I consider him a friend as well as my physician.
- Nov 07, 2017
Dr. Shapiro was incredibly helpful. I really appreciated the way he listened and gave advice.
- Nov 03, 2017
Dr Shapiro does an excellent job of listening and working with us on our healthcare goals