Special focus on
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cholesterol/Lipid Management
- Preventive Cardiology
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai/Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- Cardiovascular Medicine, Mount Sinai/Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Diseases (2006, 2015)
Dr. Shapiro is director of OHSU’s Cardiac MRI an CT program and is board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular CT (imaging), and Lipidology (cholesterol). His clinical expertise includes:
Genetic and acquired disorders of cholesterol and triglycerides Atherosclerosis Imaging (Non-invasive imaging of the heart arteries) Genetic predisposition to early heart attacks Cardiovascular risk assessment in apparently healthy individuals Clinical trials of new cholesterol and triglyceride lowering drugsRead more
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants:
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of SAR236553/REGN727 on the Occurrence of Cardiovascular Events in Patients Who Have Recently Experienced an Acute Coronary Syndrome (Odyssey Outcomes)
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase 3 Study of ISIS 304801 Administered Subcutaneously to Patients with Hypertriglyceridemia (ISIS 304801 CS16 - COMPASS)
- A Multi-Center, Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of AMR101 on Cardiovascular Health and Mortality in Hypertriglyceridemic Patients with Cardiovascular Disease or at High Risk for Cardiovascular Disease: REDUCE-IT (Reduction of Cardiovascular Events with EPA – Intervention Trial)
- International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness with Medical and Invasive Approaches (ISCHEMIA)
- CAscade SCreening for Awareness and DEtection of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (CASCADE FH Registry)
4.9 out of 5 (77 Ratings, 16 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Nov 28, 2018
Excellent experience. My only "disappointment" is that I thought Dr. Shapiro or someone on his team would have listened to my heart. Otherwise, it was an excellent experience.
- Nov 17, 2018
I have worked with Dr. Shapiro over a number of years and have enjoyed both, have enjoyed and appreciated his approach to my care. I can say nothing but the best things about him.
- Nov 13, 2018
I felt the provider was very focused,knowledgeable and forthright in the discussion we had about my health. He was warm, seemed very present, caring and took the time the consultation needed without being hurried.
- Nov 11, 2018
Always well informed, happy to provide all the information at his fingertips. I can tailor my treatment to my comfort level with different approaches. A true professional.
- Nov 10, 2018
Dr. Shapiro is extremely professional, highly knowledgeable, and very, very considerate of the patient's ongoing Health Care.
- Nov 03, 2018
I had an amazing experience. Dr. Shapiro was very professional and has excellent patient communication skills. He offered his expert opinion regarding my health issues, listened intently and answered all of the questions I had with care and interest. I love that he had a fellow and medical student in the room. I left feeling understood and heard. I look forward to working with him in the future.
- Oct 06, 2018
Dr. Shapiro was very knowledgeable, friendly, and communicated very well.
- Aug 31, 2018
Dr Shapiro was attentive, professional and helped me better understand my condition.
- Aug 26, 2018
I was prompt getting into the office I didn't have to wait. Dr. Sharpi*
- Aug 13, 2018
Very detailed and knowledgeable.