Special focus on
- Family Planning
- Medically Complicated Contraceptive Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- M.D., University of California, Davis, Davis California 0 1979
- Obstetrics and gynecology, Oregon Health & Sciences University, 1983
- Obstetrics and gynecology research, University College, London, England, 1990
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1985
Dr. Nichols specializes in family planning, alternatives to hysterectomy, laparoscopic surgery and obstetrics. His research focuses on contraception and abortion and medical education. Dr. Nichols chose obstetrics and gynecology because it resonates with his values and goals and gives him the best opportunity to help women through challenging health issues. He especially enjoys caring for patients through their pregnancies, helping them have the optimal experience and outcome.
Originally from northern California, Dr. Nichols has lived in Portland, Oregon since 1979 when he became a resident at OHSU. He joined the faculty in 1983 and has stayed here since then. In his spare time, Dr. Nichols enjoys cycling, snowboarding, watching soccer, and spending time with family and friends.
Pregnancy and childbirth philosophy:
"I believe in viewing pregnancy as a natural condition to be supported, rather than an illness to be controlled."
Memberships and associations
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology