- Neurological Surgery
Special focus on
- Neurological Spinal Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- B.A., Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore Maryland 2003
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore Maryland 2007
- Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich., 2014
- Minimally invasive and complex spine surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 2015
Dr. Than is a neurosurgeon who is fellowship-trained in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery. Although he enjoys treating the wide spectrum of general neurosurgery, his passion is treating patients with spinal disorders. In an era when medical decision making is largely based on laboratory results and imaging findings, Dr. Than still believes in the art of medicine: correlating patient symptoms with study results and offering the appropriate surgical solutions. In other words, Dr. Than believes in treating the patient, not just the disease.
Memberships and associations
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Member
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Member
- AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, Member
- International Spine Study Group, Member
- North American Spine Society, Member
- Oregon Medical Association, Member
- Scoliosis Research Society, Candidate Member
4.4 out of 5 (215 Ratings, 46 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Nov 26, 2018
He was very personal. A lot ... showed a lot of the interface and I just met him for the first time and highly respected him.
- Nov 19, 2018
- Nov 10, 2018
Dr. Than was professional and very nice.
- Oct 06, 2018
Clearly explained my condition.
- Oct 02, 2018
Very professional and friendly as well
- Sep 22, 2018
Dr Than was the most caring , compassionate, informative, personable and amazing doctor I've ever been to . Thank you so much for having such a wonderful and professional yet humble doctor on staff . He put my mind at ease, answered all my questions, made me feel in charge of my health. I very much appreciate him .
- Sep 21, 2018
Positive outcome from a serious surgery.
- Sep 14, 2018
From start of surgery to my 6week visit it has been a great experience, nurses and staff were wonderful
- Sep 06, 2018
Very efficient & professional
- Sep 06, 2018
Top notch medical provider