Special focus on
- Neuro-Oncology (Pediatric)
- Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters, Eastern Virginia Medical School (2000 - 2003)
- Children's Hospital Boston / Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School (2003 - 2006)
- American Board of Pediatrics, 2003
Dr. Nazemi specializes in the care of children with cancer. She has dedicated her career to the treatment of children and adolescents with brain tumors, and has developed a weekly pediatric neuro-oncology clinic that offers multi-disciplinary care from neuro-oncologists, neurologists, endocrinologists, radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, a neuropsychologist, social workers, school teachers/liaisons, and specialized nurses in neuro-oncology. She is also the founder and chairperson of the weekly Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Tumor Board, where individualized treatment plans are made for brain tumor patients as MRI results and pathology slides are reviewed by neurosurgery, neuro-radiology, radiation oncology, neuropathology, and neuro-oncology.
Her days outside the hospital are spent enjoying time with her family, including her husband who is a physician at Meridian Park Hospital, and her son and daughter who keep the family busy with soccer, basketball, dance, gymnastics, piano, baseball and swimming.
Memberships and associations
- Society for Neuro-Oncology Children’s Oncology Group