Special focus on
- Breast Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Solid Tumor Oncology
- University of Texas Southwestern, 1996-1999
- Oregon Health & Science University, 2003
- American Board of Internal Medicine (internal medicine), 1999
Dr. Kemmer specializes in caring for patients with breast cancer and head and neck cancer. She particularly enjoys taking care of patients over months or even years and getting to know patients and their families. She also maintains a strong interest and knowledge in general oncology (cancer care) through working with and teaching residents and fellows.
In her spare time, Dr. Kemmer enjoys spending time with her family, including her husband, who is also an oncologist, and her two children. When she does get time to herself, she enjoys reading, spending time with friends and running.
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
The following clinical trials are currently accepting new participants:
- I-SPY 2 TRIAL: Investigation of Serial Studies to Predict Your Therapeutic Response with Imaging and Molecular Analysis 2
- A phase III randomized, double blind, placebo controlled study of BKM120 with fulvestrant, in postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive HER2-negative AI treated, locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer who progressed on or after mTOR inhibitor based treatment
- A Phase 3 Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Carboplatin and Paclitaxel With or Without the PARP Inhibitor Veliparib (ABT-888) in HER2-Negative Metastatic or Locally Advanced Unresectable BRCA-Associated Breast Cancer
4.8 out of 5 (242 Ratings, 52 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Nov 19, 2018
She is a great Dr. and very caring.
- Nov 16, 2018
She is very kind and caring. She seems to stay up to date with latest research.
- Nov 13, 2018
Dr. Kemer is very thorough and takes time to listen and answer any and all questions. I feel very confident in her abilities and appreciate her attentativeness.
- Nov 10, 2018
It was my first consultation visit with Dr Kemmer. She was very knowledgeable and explained my diagnosis and treatment plan. She was pleasant and calm in manners.
- Nov 07, 2018
Dr Kemmer is a great listener and very supportive. She makes an effort to know me, my health and mental well-being. I appreciate how she is as a health professional.
- Nov 07, 2018
Extremely competent and compassionate. Always prepared. "Thinks outloud" to share her rational in developing treatment plan options. I feel that we are partners. I leave inspired to work hard at my self care goals. I traveled a total of 3 hours yesterday to see her. She's worth it.
- Oct 27, 2018
It's hard to know to talk like this into a telephone. She was knowledgeable, she was forthcoming, she was articulate in her sentences and description and professional opinions were easy to understand. I'm a fairly sophisticated at the Cimarron, I hate to use that word, but I've been around the block a few times and I've been too many doctors. I thought she was extremely clear. She was encouraging and polite and I had family with me and she was courteous to them. I felt very positive about her. Now, I don't know what I'm supposed to do, punch a... punch a number or something.
- Oct 17, 2018
I feel blessed to call Dr. Kemmer my oncologist! She has been through a lot with me and I so appreciate her time and expertise.
- Oct 14, 2018
She was great. She listened to my concerns and was very honest about her thoughts about these concerns.
- Oct 13, 2018
Great experience with a very nice and informative Doctor. Took lots of time and explained everything very thoroughly.