- Neurological Surgery
Special focus on
- Neuro-Oncology Skull Base
- B.A., St. John’s College, Santa Fe New Mexico 1993
- Ph.D., University of Arizona, Tuscon Arizona 2000
- M.D., University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona 2002
- Neurological surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2009
- Skull base surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2010
- American Board of Neurological Surgery: certified
Dr. Cetas accepts new patients with neurosurgical disease and disorders at OHSU.
For consultation and referrals at OHSU please call 503-494-4314.
Dr. Cetas also accepts new veteran patients with neurosurgical disease and disorders at the Portland VA Medical Center.
For consultation and referrals at Portland VA Medical Center please call 503-220-8262, ext. 50820.
Dr. Cetas is an associate professor of neurological surgery at OHSU and chief of neurosurgery at the Portland Veterans Medical Center. He was raised in Tucson, Arizona, and spent his undergraduate and graduate years in Arizona before moving to Oregon to complete his neurosurgical residency and fellowship training at OHSU.
Dr. Cetas is also associate director of the Department of Neurological Surgery Residency Program.
- general neurosurgery
- cerebrovascular neurosurgery
- pituitary surgery
Dr. Cetas is also actively involved in basic neuroscience research in the OHSU neurological surgery research laboratories. The major focus of Dr. Cetas's research is to understand the effects of subarachnoid hemorrhage on the brainstem and central nervous system and their subsequent role in determining long-term outcomes.
Visit the Department of Neurological Surgery's website for information about academics, conferences, residency and fellowships.Read more
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Neurological Surgeons