- Neurological Surgery
Special focus on
- Neuro-Oncology Skull Base
- B.A., St. John’s College, Santa Fe New Mexico 1993
- Ph.D., University of Arizona, Tuscon Arizona 2000
- M.D., University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona 2002
- Neurological surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2009
- Skull base surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, 2010
- American Board of Neurological Surgery: certified
Dr. Cetas accepts new patients with neurosurgical disease and disorders at OHSU.
For consultation and referrals at OHSU please call 503-494-4314.
Dr. Cetas also accepts new veteran patients with neurosurgical disease and disorders at the Portland VA Medical Center.
For consultation and referrals at Portland VA Medical Center please call 503-220-8262, ext. 50820.
Dr. Cetas is an associate professor of neurological surgery at OHSU and chief of neurosurgery at the Portland Veterans Medical Center. He was raised in Tucson, Arizona, and spent his undergraduate and graduate years in Arizona before moving to Oregon to complete his neurosurgical residency and fellowship training at OHSU.
Dr. Cetas is also associate director of the Department of Neurological Surgery Residency Program.
- general neurosurgery
- cerebrovascular neurosurgery
- pituitary surgery
Dr. Cetas is also actively involved in basic neuroscience research in the OHSU neurological surgery research laboratories. The major focus of Dr. Cetas's research is to understand the effects of subarachnoid hemorrhage on the brainstem and central nervous system and their subsequent role in determining long-term outcomes.
Visit the Department of Neurological Surgery's website for information about academics, conferences, residency and fellowships.Read more
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
4.7 out of 5 (298 Ratings, 24 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.8
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.8
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.8
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.7
- Used words you could understand 4.8
- Amount of time spent with you 4.6
- Your confidence in care provider 4.8
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.8
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.6
- Apr 06, 2018
I have faith and confidence with Dr. Cetas as my surgeon and any follow up that is necesary
- Mar 16, 2018
I had a long list of questions. Dr. Cetas and his team staff explained clearly and corroborated with the MRI image. I really appreciate their expertise.
- Jan 12, 2018
Dr. Cetas is amazing. He truly cares about his patients and weighs the pros and cons of medication and procedures. I would recommend him to anyone with my conditions.
- Dec 22, 2017
Top quality care from the secretary to the doctor.
- Dec 01, 2017
Dr. Cetas is friendly, highly knowledgeable, and easy to chat with about my health concerns. And, I don't have headaches anymore . . . woohoo!
- Oct 20, 2017
- Oct 20, 2017
He wasn't able to answer many of my questions.
- Sep 08, 2017
Dr.Cetas is an excellent doctor! very thorough and caring.
- Sep 01, 2017
Cetas walks on water in my book
- Jul 07, 2017
I don't feel the provider paid attention to my medical condition. Probably only looked at my medical records 15 minutes before he saw me.