Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. da Costa received her D.D.S. from the Universidade Paulista School of Dentistry in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2001 and certificate and M.S. degree in Operative Dentistry from the University of Iowa in 2004. She joined the Restorative Dentistry Department faculty at Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry in 2004, was promoted Associate Professor with tenure in 2010, was appointed Preclinical Director in 2011, promoted to Professor in 2017, and Vice-Chair in 2019.
- D.D.S., 2001, Universidade Paulista
- M.S., 2004, University of Iowa
- Certificate of Operative Dentistry, University of Iowa
Memberships and associations
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Operative Dentistry (AOD), served as Councilor, as Assistant Secretary, and serves as VP-elect
- International Association for Dental Research, served as Dental Materials Group Chair and Treasurer
- American Dental Education Association, served as Chair of Operative Dentistry and Biomaterials section
- CAMBRA-Caries Management by Risk Assessment
- Society of Color and Appearance in Dentistry (SCAD), served as Councilor, serves as Secretary