Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Garaicoa is an assistant professor in the Restorative Dentistry department at OHSU, where he runs the Esthetic and All ceramic restorations courses. He completed his Prosthodontics residency and Master in Science at the University of Iowa. In addition, Dr. Garaicoa holds a certificate in Advance Education in General Dentistry from the University of Rochester Medical Center Eastman Institute for Oral Health. A native of Ecuador , Dr. Garaicoa received his Doctor in Dental Surgery degree from Catholic University of Santiago of Guayaquil where he was a part-time assistant professor until he moved to the US. He is a member of the American College of Prosthodontics and the American Prosthodontics Society. Dr. Garaicoa lectures extensively nationally and internationally.
- D.D.S., 2007, Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil
- D.D.S., 2011, University of Rochester
- M.S., 2014, University of Iowa
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry
Memberships and associations
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the American College of Prosthodontics
- Member of the American Prosthodontics Society
- Member of the International Team for Implantology