I see patients at
Address700 S.W. Campus DrivePortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Janet Brockman, M.S. CCC-SLP, is an Assistant Professor and Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist at the Institute on Development and Disability at OHSU in the Child Development and Rehabilitation Center Clinics. She joined the faculty in 1986, and has served as the Director of the Cleft Palate Craniofacial Program, as well as the Program Director. She currently serves as the Program Director of the OHSU/IDD Cleft Palate Craniofacial Program.
As a member of the OHSU/IDD Cleft Palate Craniofacial Team, Ms. Brockman specializes in the evaluation and treatment of individuals born with Cleft Palate/Craniofacial Disorders including advanced training in cleft and craniofacial speech disorders including 22q11.2 deletion and other craniofacial syndromes, resonance disorders and pediatric speech appliances.
Ms. Brockman’s work also includes teaching and mentoring graduate and post graduate students. She also enjoys teaching at the Educational Service Districts in the region on the topic of the evaluation and treatment of cleft palate and craniofacial disorders.
In collaboration with faculty at Pacific University, she has developed a summer speech and language program for children born with cleft palate and their families, which also includes teaching and training and mentoring first year graduate student clinicians.
Ms. Brockman enjoys her family, hiking, travel to sunny spots and to the Oregon coast.
- B.S., 1978, Lewis and Clark College
- M.S., 1981, Western Oregon University
- Speech Language Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Child Development and Rehabilitation Center, 1982, Portland Oregon
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology, American Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- Certificate of Clinical Training, RSF-Earthspeak: Corrective Babbling Levels: 1 and 2
Memberships and associations
- American Speech Language and Hearing Association
- American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association
- Oregon Speech and Hearing Association
- ASHA Special Interest Group 5: Craniofacial and Velopharyngeal Disorders