- M.D., University of Nebraska School of Medicine, Omaha Nebraska 1990
- Diagnostic radiology residency, University of Kansas - Wesley Medical Center, Wichita, KS, 1995
- Neuroradiology fellowship, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2000
- Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners, 1991
- American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology 1997
- American Board of Radiology - Neuroradiology 2002
Jim Anderson, M.D. grew up in a rural town in Nebraska and attended the University of Nebraska at Lincoln for undergraduate training, followed by his medical training at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. After an internship at UNMC he moved to the University of Kansas at Wichita for his residency in diagnostic radiology. Following residency, Dr. Anderson spent several years working as a Locum Tenens radiologist for solo and group practices in Kansas, as well as several months in New Zealand. Finding that he enjoyed the study of neuroradiology and missed teaching and mentoring, he obtained a neuroradiology fellowship position at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, TN. There he became interested in resident training, working as assistant radiology residency director there, prior to taking the same position upon moving to OHSU in 2001. Dr. Anderson is now the OHSU diagnostic radiology residency director and chief of neuroradiology. He continues to be interested in advancing resident education and training, now serving on the ACGME Resident Review Committee and active in the Association of Program Directors in Radiology.