Special focus on
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hematology/Oncology (Pediatric)
- M.D., Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway New Jersey 2001
- M.Ed., University of Cincinnati 2016
- Columbia University, NY, 2004
- Fellowship in pediatric hematology/oncology, Columbia University, NY, 2007
- American Board of Pediatrics (general pediatrics), 2004
- American Board of Pediatrics, sub-board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2009
Dr. Shereck specializes in bone marrow transplantation for children with cancer, blood disorders and immunodeficiencies. She conducts clinical trials as a part of the Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium (PIDTC) and the Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC).
Dr. Shereck is also interested in discovering innovative ways to teach the next generation of physicians. She has plenty of opportunities to try out new models of learning through the medical school course she teaches (Blood and Host Defense) and as the fellowship director for pediatric hematology/oncology.
While Dr. Shereck hails from the east coast, she now considers herself a northwesterner. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children, traveling, skiing, hiking, cycling, completing crossword puzzles and partaking in advocacy work.Read more
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Children's Oncology Group
- Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium
- Primary Immune Deficiency Treatment Consortium
4.9 out of 5 (45 Ratings, 9 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to the question "How likely would you be to recommend this provider to your family and friends (on a scale of 0 to 10)" on our nationally-recognized NRC patient surveys.
- Nov 18, 2019
Dr. Shereck is friendly personable and she makes you feel like your child is her top priority. We've had a great experience with her and I'm happy that she'll be following my son's care from here on out. She's very knowledgeable and she explain things to you in a way that a parent could understand and feel comfortable with the information.
- Oct 30, 2019
No complaints. Love our dr, very thorough, consistent and concise.
- Oct 21, 2019
She's great. She's kind and listened to me and my concerns.
- Aug 17, 2019
She is a wonderful doctor
- Jul 25, 2019
Very informative, kind, compassionate, and quick.
- Mar 20, 2019
Dr. Shereck is the best. Always a great listener. Very inclusive in making decisions. We trust her very much.
- Jan 31, 2019
Best doctor I could ask for for my daughter and I would recommend her to anybody.
- Jan 16, 2019
Dr. Shereck has been a wonderful doctor. He or...she has a great knowledge on the disease my son had, aplastic anemia, and we feel blessed to have her as our main...main doctor in my son's recovery, and we...she does an excellent job. She has great, great people skills, and great communication.
- Dec 29, 2018
She's the best doctor we could have asked for. Hate when she's gone and we appreciate her so much.