Special focus on
- Family Planning
- Maternity Care (Women's Health)
- Water Birth
- B.A., Reed College, Portland Oregon 1993
- C.N.M., University of California, San Francisco California 2000
- M.S., University of California, San Francisco California 2000
- Ph.D., Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Oregon 2015
- American College of Nurse Midwives
Ellen Tilden specializes in the care of healthy women during pregnancy, labor, birth, and in addressing their gynecologic concerns and reproductive health care needs. She became a nurse-midwife because of her fascination with the childbearing cycle and the physical and emotional processes of becoming a parent.
In her leisure time, Ellen enjoys cooking, gardening, biking, traveling, and spending time with her husband, children, and community of friends.
Pregnancy and childbirth philosophy:
"Pregnancy and birth are predominantly healthy physiologic, personally profound life processes. My job is to support and celebrate these processes as well as recognize and address concerns when they arise."Read more
Memberships and associations
- American College of Nurse-Midwives