Dr. Fredrick has held academic appointments at Dartmouth Medical School, University of California San Francisco, Stanford University and Icahn School of Medicine/New York Eye and Ear Infirmary before coming to OHSU in February 2021 to serve as Director of the Elk’s Children Eye Clinic at the Casey Eye Institute. He has a particular interest in the treatment of pediatric cataracts, the prevention of myopia and the development of new techniques for strabismus surgery.
Dr. Fredrick is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American College of Surgeons and American Academy of Pediatrics and is an Honor Award recipient from the American Academy of Ophthalmology and Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. He is delighted to be back on the West Coast and looks forward to preserving and protecting the eye health and vision of children here in Oregon and throughout the world.
- M.D., 1986, Baylor College of Medicine
- St. Mary’s Hospital and Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- Ophthalmology- University of California, San Francisco
- Pediatric Ophthalmology- Boston Children’s Hospital
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Surgeons