- Orthopaedics and rehabilitation
Special focus on
- Clinical Informatics
- Management of Spinal Pain Conditions
- Pain Medicine
- B.A., University of Virginia 1988
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine 1992
- Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh (1992-93)
- Anesthesiology: University of Virginia, Charlottesville (1993-6)
- Pain Medicine: University of Virginia, Charlottesville (1996-7)
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 1997, recertification not required
- American Board of Anesthesiology Subspecialty Certification in Pain Management: October 1998, recertification valid to 2028
- Clinical Informatics (American Board of Preventative Medicine), valid until 2027
Dr. David Sibell joined the OHSU Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine in 1997 after completing his fellowship in pain medicine at the University of Virginia. He has been on the faculty of the Comprehensive Pain Center since that time, and is a charter member of the OHSU Spine Center, specializing in the treatment of painful disorders of the back and neck.
His publications include scientific articles involving interventional pain medicine, as well as the book, The 5-Minute Pain Management Consult, which he co-edited. Dr. Sibell is Board Certified in both Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology.
In 2012, Dr. Sibell also became Medical Director for Ambulatory Clinical Informatics, in the Clinical Informatics Department. He became a Board Certified Clinical Informaticist in 2018.Read more