I see patients at
Address3270 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239Enter an address to be localized.
Dr. Smith believes that all patients deserve a surgeon who will take the time to explain the risks and benefits of cardiac surgery as well as expectations for the recovery period with each individual patient. She takes a multidisciplinary approach when treating her patients by involving healthcare professionals from fields such as cardiology, physical therapy, clinical nutrition, social work, vascular surgery, palliative care, and pulmonology.
Working collaboratively with a rich resource of healthcare professionals at OHSU, Dr. Smith provides her patients the best care and quality of life possible. She has excellent training in coronary artery bypass, cardiac valve replacement (surgical and transcatheter), and a special interest in aortic problems such as dissection and aneurysm, especially those related to bicuspid aortic valves and connective tissue diseases.
Dr. Smith grew up in Northern California and recently moved from Chicago where she completed medical school and residency. She and her partner are very excited to spend their free time hiking the Pacific Northwest, eating vegan food from Portland’s food trucks, and making frequent visits to Powell’s books.
- M.D., 2011, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Integrated thoracic surgery (6-year cardiothoracic), Northwestern University, 2017
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Memberships and associations
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Women in Thoracic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Association of Women Surgeons
- American College of Cardiology
- Physicians for a National Health Program