- Digestive Health
- Hepatology / Liver Disease
Special focus on
- Liver Cancer
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 0 1991
- M.P.H., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2000
- Internal medicine-Baylor School of Medicine, Houston
- Gastroenterology-Oregon Health & Science University, Portland
Dr. Zaman is the director of Clinical Hepatology at OHSU. His research interests are Hepatitis C, portal hypertension, gastrointestinal bleeding, public health and liver disease. He received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in 1991. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Baylor School of Medicine, and his Gastroenterology fellowship at OHSU. Dr. Zaman is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.His current research studies include Principal Investigator for each listed: A physician based surveillance system for chronic liver disease in Multnomah, County, ORA Multi-center Trial to Study Acute Liver Failure Assessment of the clinical characteristics of patients with steatosis as compared to patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: A case-control study.A survey of community practice patterns: Prevention of first variceal bleed, therapy of acute variceal hemorrhage, prophylaxis of rebleeding after initial variceal hemorrhage.Endoscopic screening of varices to prevent first variceal bleed: A prospective evaluation of practice patterns using a national endoscopic database (clinical outcomes research initiative-CORI).An evaluation of the utility of candidate serum markers for the In Vitro diagnosis of liver fibrosis. When Dr. Zaman is away from medicine he enjoys spending time with family, traveling and playing squash.
Memberships and associations
- Internal medicine, 1994
4.8 out of 5 (407 Ratings, 32 Comments)
The patient ratings score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on our nationally-recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Friendliness/courtesy 4.9
- Explanations about your problem/condition 4.8
- Concern shown for your questions/worries 4.8
- Effort made to include you in treatment decisions 4.8
- Used words you could understand 4.9
- Amount of time spent with you 4.7
- Your confidence in care provider 4.9
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.9
- Likelihood of recommending to others 4.8
- Jun 19, 2018
- Jun 01, 2018
Dr Zaman is the man!
- May 28, 2018
- May 04, 2018
Dr. Zaman is a by referral provider
- Mar 20, 2018
Dr. Zaman is great..[Name] is totally awesome.
- Mar 06, 2018
The wait time is usually very long both in the clinic and in the office but a little better in the office this visit.
- Mar 06, 2018
- Feb 23, 2018
Felt like he was in a rush and that my concerns were dismissed a bit quickly.
- Feb 06, 2018
DR. Zuman always makes me feel better, like someone really cares and has my back. I wish I could see him more often.
- Dec 08, 2017
Always Great experience due to the level of care I receive.