- Otolaryngology (ENT)
Special focus on
- B.S., Northern Illinois University 2001
- M.S., University of Arizona 2003
- Ph.D., University of Arizona 2008
- Postdoctoral fellowship, University of Washington, 2008-2011
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
Dr. Angela Garinis joined the department in 2011 as research associate in the Oregon Hearing Research Center (OHRC). Dr. Garinis received her Master’s degree in clinical audiology and a PhD in Speech & Hearing Sciences at the University of Arizona in Tucson. She completed a three-year NIH funded Postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Washington in Dr. Lynne Werner’s Infant Psychoacoustics Laboratory (2008-2011). Her primary research interests involve improving non-invasive techniques for the diagnoses of middle-ear and/or cochlear dysfunction. She also has a strong interest in the diagnoses and monitoring of ototoxic hearing loss in patients with cystic fibrosis receiving aminoglycoside treatments.