Special focus on
- Eye Cancer
- Ocular Melanoma
- Ocular Oncology
- B.S., Tulane University, New Orleans Louisiana 1998
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2005
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2006
- Internship, pediatrics, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 2007
- Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco
- Ocular oncology and ophthalmic pathology, Casey Eye Institute/Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, 2012
- American Board of Ophthalmology, 2012
Dr. Skalet specializes in treating adult and pediatric patients with ocular tumors. She enjoys working with an outstanding team of professionals dedicated to the care of patients with cancers of the eye. She provides medical and surgical care for patients with a wide variety of benign and malignant eye tumors, including retinoblastoma, uveal and conjunctival melanoma, metastatic lesions, intraocular lymphoma, and vascular tumors. Her goal is to provide care that is both cutting-edge and compassionate.
Dr. Skalet combines her busy clinical practice with clinical and translational research. Her current research interests include the evaluation of circulating tumor cells as a biomarker in uveal melanoma, collaborative clinical research investigating trends in clinical care and outcomes, investigation of novel ophthalmic imaging modalities including optical coherence tomography angiography, and clinical trials in ocular oncology.
Dr. Skalet has enjoyed serving on multiple national and international subspecialty committees for the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology, American Association of Ophthalmic Oncologists and Pathologists, and the International Society of Ocular Oncology.
In her free time, Dr. Skalet loves to spend time with her family exploring all the Pacific Northwest has to offer. She enjoys hiking, skiing, reading and singing.Read more
Memberships and associations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Association of Ophthalmic Oncologists and Pathologists
- International Society of Ocular Oncology