I see patients at
Address3161 SW Pavilion LoopPortland, Oregon 97239
Mr. Alshaarawi is well versed in performing anesthesia to broad spectrum of patients ranging from severely debilitated to patients seeking anesthesia for minor and elective surgeries. Mr. Alshaarawi utilizes several pain control modalities and therapies that diminish opioid use in the recovery phase after surgery but enhance analgesic effects and optimize anti-nausea therapies. He holds privileges to perform acupuncture therapy for nausea and vomiting prevention and reduction.
Mr. Alshaarawi is an educator to an array of students including anesthesia students, nurses, physicians, and other allied health care providers. He specializes in simulation education and crisis resource management.
Mr. Alshaarawi has completed 11 marathons and numerous half-marathons and shorter running distances. He enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter traveling around Oregon and across the country.
- M.S., 2005, Northeastern University
- M.S., 2006, Northeastern University
- Nurse Anesthesia Residency
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Spanish (some)
Memberships and associations
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- American Heart Association