Dr. Lazo enjoys taking care of all kinds of patients, though his clinical passion is in caring for children. His favorite part about anesthesiology is being able to act as a patient's guardian while they are undergoing surgery or procedures. He looks forward to meeting with patients and parents to assuage their fears of what lies ahead in the operating room and recovery area. He also values the importance of educating the next generation of anesthesia providers and invests heavily in OHSU’s residency and medical school education programs. To Dr. Lazo, proper training and instruction are paramount to ensuring a bright future for medicine and anesthesiology.
Dr. Lazo's clinical interests include using ultrasound for various procedures in anesthesia, the use of simulation to enhance learning, crisis resource management, and promoting diversity among healthcare providers. He is also interested in global anesthesia – both in teaching overseas and providing direct care to underserved areas.
Of note, Dr. Lazo is a native Spanish-speaker, originally from El Salvador. He is certified to interpret in Spanish for his practice and loves being able to speak in his native tongue with patient's of similar backgrounds. In his spare time, Dr. Lazo enjoys playing and listening to music. He plays various instruments, with mallet percussion being his favorite. He also enjoys singing, dancing, video games, board games, foreign languages, baking, traveling, and hiking.Read more
- M.D., SUNY - Stony Brook University School of Medicine New York 2013
- Anesthesiology - Oregon Health and Science University
- Pediatric Anesthesiology - Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Pediatric Anesthesiology
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Society of Pediatric Anesthesia
- Oregon Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Medical Association
- Gold Humanism Honor Society - Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Society for Education in Anesthesia