I specialize in providing anesthesia for patients undergoing major heart, lung, and abdominal surgery including patients undergoing liver transplantation. These procedures are significant moments in people’s lives and I love caring for patients and their families in such challenging and rewarding situations. I have fellowship training in cardiothoracic anesthesiology and in perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (heart ultrasound).
My research interests include quality improvement, particularly strategies for improving the perioperative care of older patients.
I am a homegrown Oregonian thrilled be living in the Great Northwest after leaving for medical training. I love any excuse to be outdoors – particularly hiking, biking, and skiing – but am happy to retreat inside to read and play music with friends and family when it rains.Read more
- B.Sc., University of St. Andrews United States 2005
- M.P.H., Portland State University, Portland Oregon United States 2007
- M.D., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon United States 2012
- Anesthesiology, Duke University, 2016
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Duke University, 2017
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 2017
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists