Dr. Stephanie Wood is a general surgeon, joining the OHSU Department of Surgery in 2017. Dr. Wood attended medical school at University College Cork in Ireland before traveling to Connecticut where she completed general surgery internship/residency and a Master's Degree in Health Science at Yale School of Medicine. She completed her fellowship training in advanced minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the University of California, San Francisco before moving to Portland and joining the general surgery team at OHSU. She prides herself on caring for her patients from start to finish, providing indepth care for the best possible surgical outcome.
Areas of interest
- Minimally Invasive Foregut and Bariatric Surgery
- General Surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Esophageal Cancer
- M.B.Ch.B., University College Cork, Cork Ireland 2008
- M.H.S., Yale School of Medicine, New Haven Connecticut 2013
- Medicine/Surgery internship, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland, 2008-2009
- General Surgery Internship, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, 2009-2010
- General Surgery residency, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, 2010-2016
- Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 2016-2017
- American Board of Surgery, 2016
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery certification, 2017
- Robotic daVinci Surgery Certification, 2016
Memberships and associations
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Yale Surgical Society
- Association for Academic Surgery (AAS)
Wood SG, Dai F, Dabu-Bondoc S, Mikhael H, Vadivelu N, Duffy A, Roberts KE. Transvaginal Cholecystectomy Learning Curve. Surgical Endoscopy. 2015 Jul;29(7): 1837-41.
Hingula L, Meslin B, Rao S, Wood S, Roberts K, Kodumudi G, Schermer E, Vadivelu N. Perioperative pain control in gastrointestinal surgery. Middle East J Anesthesiology. 2015 Jun; 23(2): 137-46.
Wood SG, Panait L, Duffy AJ, Bell RL, Roberts KE. Complications of Transvaginal Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery: A Series of 102 Patients. Annals of Surgery. 2014 Apr;259(4):744-9.
Wood SG, Dabu-Bondoc S, Dai F, Mikhael H, Vadivelu N, Roberts KE. Comparison of Immediate Postoperative Pain After Transvaginal versus Traditional Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Surgical Endoscopy. 2014 Apr;28(4):1141-5.
Wood SG, Panait L, Duffy AJ, Bell RL, Roberts KE. Pure Transvaginal Ventral Hernia Repair in Humans. Surgical Innovation. 2014 Apr;21(2):130-6.
Wood SG, Panait L, Bell RL, Duffy AJ, Roberts KE. Pure Transvaginal Umbilical Hernia Repair. Surgical Endoscopy. 2013 Aug;27(8):2966.
Wood SG, Solomon D, Panait L, Bell RL, Duffy AJ, Roberts KE. Transvaginal Cholecystectomy: Effect on Quality of Life and Female Sexual Function. JAMA Surgery. 2013 May;148(5):435-8.
Panait L, Wood SG, Bell RL, Duffy AJ, Roberts KE. Transvaginal Natural Orifice Translumenal Endoscopic Surgery in the Morbidly Obese. Surgical Endoscopy. 2013 Jul;27(7):2625-9.
Wood SG, Duffy AJ. Chapter: Laparoscopic partial gastrectomy with B2 reconstruction. Operative Dictations in General and Vascular Surgery, Third Edition. 2017
Wood SG, Roberts KE. Chapter 59: Update on Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery. 4th edition of Mastery of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery. 2013