Dr. Saxton is an Associate Professor with the OHSU's Institute on Development and Disability (IDD) within the Department of Pediatrics. She directs the Developmental Evaluation/NICU Follow up Clinic. Dr. Saxton provides inpatient support to parents who have infants hospitalized in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Doernbecher Children's Hospital. She is involved with outpatient care through the Child Development and LEND Clinics.
Dr. Saxton is involved in a variety of training activities. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Saxton participates in the training of psychology practicum students, psychology interns participating in the APA-accredited internship, and post-doctoral psychology fellows. She also serves as the LEND Training Director.
Dr. Saxton's research interests include developmental and educational outcomes for children born prematurely, children's adjustment to traumatic loss, and the provision of hospital-based parental support.
In her personal life Dr. Saxton enjoys travel, spending time with her family, cooking, and scuba diving.Read more
Areas of interest
- Assessment, training, NICU care, parent support, adjustment, children and families.
- Pre-doctoral internship, Georgetown University, 2000-2001
- New York University Child Study Center, 2002-2003
Memberships and associations
- Academy of Neonatal Nursing
- Postpartum Support International
- National Perinatal Association
- American Psychological Association, Division 54 Society of Pediatric Psychology