Rose is a National Library of Medicine Pre-Doctoral Fellow in Health and Clinical Informatics at OHSU. She has a BA in Mathematics from Smith College and a MS in Biostatistics from Tulane University where her thesis focused on a time-series analysis of overridden prescription alerts. Rose has previously worked on projects involving workflow analysis in Biochemistry, Informatics and Healthcare domains. Currently she is working on two projects: The first, the development of a mobile application that provides user specific resources related to incidents of sexual misconduct and discrimination experienced by any OHSU member. The second, a study of factors that contribute to an increase in medication reconciliation. Although in her first year, her interests include health literacy, public health informatics and medical decision aids.
Areas of interest
- Health Literacy
- Public Health Informatics
- Medical Decision Aids
- B.A., Smith College, Northampton Massachusetts United States 2016
- M.S., Tulane University, New Orleans Louisiana United States 2018
- Care Data Analytics Graduate Intern at Kaiser Permanente - Portland, OR
- Intern Research Assistant at University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Biochemistry Department - La Jolla, CA
- Research Assistant at University of Southern California (USC) Information Science Institute - Los Angeles, CA
- National Library of Medicine Biomedical Informatics Fellowship
Honors and awards
- Promising Scholar, OHSU School of Medicine
Memberships and associations
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
Baumer, B., Goueth, R., Li, W., Zhang, W., Horton, N. (2018). macleish: Retrieve Data from MacLeish Field Station. R package version 0.3.2.