I began my nursing career as a staff RN and then a charge nurse on a surgical unit at local hospital. It was there that I began to appreciate the importance of mental health and well-being on physical health through my experience helping patients recover from surgery and physical illness. I eventually transitioned to working as an RN on an in-patient psychiatric unit and gained valuable experience there while completing my education to become a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner. I am excited to be working with Dr. James Hancey to expand the services of the OCD clinic. These services include: diagnosis and treatment planning, medication management, cognitive-behavioral therapy and exposure and response prevention with elements of mindfulness.
I live in NE Portland with my husband. In my free time I enjoy reading, cooking, gardening and drinking iced coffee. I also enjoy travelling and collecting stamps in my National Park Passport.
- B.S.N., University of Portland, Portland Oregon USA 2009
- M.N., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon USA 2015
- D.N.P., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon USA 2016
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2015
Memberships and associations
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners