Dr. Mori has 28 years of experience as a collaborative cancer biostatistician, starting with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (1989-1991), Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah (1991-1999), and the Knight Cancer Institute (Knight) at the Oregon Health & Science University (1999-present). As the Director of the Knight Biostatistics Shared Resource, she has a long standing collaboration with investigators in the Translational Oncology Program and the Cancer Prevention and Control Program in the Knight Cancer Institute. She holds a position of Walter and Clora Brownfield Endowed Professor of Cancer Biostatistics in the Knight Cancer Institute, is an elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association, President of the Western North American Region of the International Biometric Society (IBS), served on the NCI Subcommittee A (Cancer Centers of the National Cancer Institute Initial Review Group (2006-2011) and was a faculty for the AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Research Workshop in Vail, Colorado (2015-2017).
Areas of interest
- Biostatistics, cancer research, clinical trials, precision oncology, early detection research
- Ph.D., Biostatistics, University of Iowa, Iowa City Iowa 1989
- M.B.A., Healthcare Management, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon 2016
Honors and awards
- 2010 Fellow, American Statistical Association
- 2005 Outstanding Alumni Award, College of Public Health, University of Iowa
Memberships and associations
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- "Inhibition of interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-1 is a therapeutic strategy for acute myeloid leukemia subtypes." Leukemia In: , 29.03.2018, p. 1-14.
- "Perceptions of control and unrealistic optimism in early-phase cancer trials." Journal of Medical Ethics In: , Vol. 44, No. 2, 01.02.2018, p. 121-127.
- "Comprehensive definition of human immunodominant CD8 antigens in tuberculosis." npj Vaccines In: , Vol. 2, No. 1, 8, 01.12.2017.
- "Evaluation of safety in biomarker driven multiple agent phase IB trial." Frontiers of Biostatistical Methods and Applications in Clinical Oncology. Springer Singapore, 2017. p. 53-64.
- "Variations in Unrealistic Optimism between Acceptors and Decliners of Early Phase Cancer Trials." Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics In: , Vol. 12, No. 4, 01.10.2017, p. 280-288.
- "Molecularly targeted drug combinations demonstrate selective effectiveness for myeloid- and lymphoid-derived hematologic malignancies." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America In: , Vol. 114, No. 36, 05.09.2017, p. E7554-E7563.
- "Assessing Community Cancer care after insurance ExpanSionS (ACCESS) study protocol." Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications In: , Vol. 7, 01.09.2017, p. 136-140.
- "Quantitative Multiplex Immunohistochemistry Reveals Myeloid-Inflamed Tumor-Immune Complexity Associated with Poor Prognosis." Cell Reports In: , Vol. 19, No. 1, 04.04.2017, p. 203-217.
- "The rodent liver undergoes weaning-induced involution and supports breast cancer metastasis." Cancer Discovery In: , Vol. 7, No. 2, 01.02.2017, p. 177-187.
- "MicroRNA signatures of colonic polyps on screening and histology." Cancer Prevention Research In: , Vol. 9, No. 12, 01.12.2016, p. 942-949.
- "Effects of ω-3 Fatty Acids and Catechins on Fatty Acid Synthase in the Prostate : A Randomized Controlled Trial." Nutrition and Cancer In: , Vol. 68, No. 8, 16.11.2016, p. 1309-1319.
- "Clonal hematopoiesis as determined by the HUMARA assay is a marker for acquired mutations in epigenetic regulators in older women." Experimental Hematology In: , Vol. 44, No. 9, 01.09.2016, p. 857-865.e5.
- "The Impact of unreaslistic optimism on informed consent in early-phase oncology trials." IRB Ethics and Human Research In: , Vol. 38, No. 5, 01.09.2016, p. 1-7.
- "Durability of Vaccine-Induced Immunity Against Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxins : A Cross-sectional Analysis." Clinical Infectious Diseases In: , Vol. 62, No. 9, 01.05.2016, p. 1111-1118.
- "Treatment and Survival of Small-bowel Adenocarcinoma in the United States : A Comparison with Colon Cancer." Diseases of the Colon and Rectum In: , Vol. 59, No. 4, 01.04.2016, p. 306-315.
- "A new statistical decision rule for single-arm phase II oncology trials." Statistical Methods in Medical Research In: , Vol. 25, No. 1, 01.02.2016, p. 118-132.
- "Dispositional optimism and therapeutic expectations in early-phase oncology trials." Cancer In: , 2016.
- "Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of methylphenidate for the treatment of depression in SSRI-treated cancer patients receiving palliative care." Psycho-Oncology In: , 2016.
- "Sulforaphane bioavailability and chemopreventive activity in women scheduled for breast biopsy." Cancer Prevention Research In: , Vol. 8, No. 12, 01.12.2015, p. 1184-1191.
- "Coordinate regulation of residual bone marrow function by paracrine trafficking of AML exosomes." Leukemia In: , 25.06.2015.
- "A phase II study of sulforaphane-rich broccoli sprout extracts in men with recurrent prostate cancer." Investigational New Drugs In: , Vol. 33, No. 2, 01.04.2015, p. 480-489.
- "The association of type and number of chronic diseases with breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening." Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine In: , Vol. 27, No. 5, 01.09.2014, p. 669-681.
- "Improving colorectal cancer screening in Asian Americans : Results of a randomized intervention study." Cancer In: , Vol. 120, No. 11, 01.06.2014, p. 1702-1712.
- "Differential expression of microRNA-320a, -145, and -192 along the continuum of normal mucosa to high-grade dysplastic adenomas of the colorectum." American Journal of Surgery In: , Vol. 207, No. 5, 2014, p. 717-722.
- "Assisted movement with proprioceptive stimulation reduces impairment and restores function in incomplete spinal cord injury." Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation In: , Vol. 95, No. 8, 2014, p. 1447-1453.
- "Reducing misclassification bias in cervical dysplasia risk factor analysis with p16-based diagnoses." Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease In: , Vol. 18, No. 3, 2014, p. 266-272.
- "Differences in knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and perceived risks regarding colorectal cancer screening among Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese sub-groups." Journal of Community Health In: , Vol. 39, No. 2, 2014, p. 248-265.
- "Phase i trial of preoperative chemoradiation plus sorafenib for high-risk extremity soft tissue sarcomas with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI correlates." Clinical Cancer Research In: , Vol. 19, No. 24, 15.12.2013, p. 6902-6911.
- "Association between documented family history of cancer and screening for breast and colorectal cancer." Preventive Medicine In: , Vol. 57, No. 5, 11.2013, p. 679-684.
- "Agent Orange as a risk factor for high-grade prostate cancer." Cancer In: , Vol. 119, No. 13, 01.07.2013, p. 2399-2404.