Dr. Parker earned her medical degree with honors in 2004 from Kirov State Medical Academy, Russia. She completed her training in ophthalmology and served as a primary care ophthalmologist in Russia before moving to the United States. She started her research career in 2010 as a post-doctoral fellow at OHSU Casey Eye Institute, where she worked under the supervision of J. Timothy Stout, M.D., and designed and managed pre-clinical trials and projects to develop lentiviral based gene therapy for prevention of corneal rejection and retinal disorders associated with retinal neovascularization. In 2014, as a senior researcher, she joined the Casey Reading Center. She is a certified reader for the reading center, and she has led and contributed to a number of research projects that have furthered understanding of how to utilize ophthalmological testing to assess safety and efficacy in gene therapy trials.
Dr. Parker's research interests include ophthalmic genetics, gene therapy for retinal and corneal pathologies, ocular imaging, and development and validation of novel parameters for use in clinical trials.
Test-Retest Variability of Functional and Structural Parameters in Patients with Stargardt disease. TVST, 2016 Oct; 5(5). Residual Foveal Cone Structure in CNGB3-associated Achromatopsia. IOVS August 2016. Structure-Function Modeling of Optical Coherence Tomography and Standard Automated Perimetry in the Retina of Patients with Autosomal Dominant Retinitis Pigmentosa. PLoS ONE. Feb, 2016 Suppression of Neovascularization of Donor Corneas by Transduction with Equine Infection Anemia Virus-based Lentiviral Vectors Expressing Endostatin and Angiostatin. Human Gene Therapy, January 2014. EncorStat (R), a highly effective Equine Infectious Anaemia Virus-based lentiviral gene therapy to prevent corneal graft rejection. Human Gene Therapy. Oct, 2011. Prospidinum Cloridum as a new therapy for the wet form of age-related macular degeneration. Vestnik OGU Russia, Dec. 2007.Read more
- M.D., Kirov State Medical Academy, Kirov 2004
Memberships and associations
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (2010-present)
- "Structure-Function Modeling of Optical Coherence Tomography and Standard Automated Perimetry in the Retina of Patients with Autosomal Dominant Retinitis Pigmentosa" PLoS One February 1 2016
- "Residual foveal cone structure in CNGB3-associated achromatopsia" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science August 1 2016
- "Suppression of neovascularization of donor corneas by transduction with equine infectious anemia virus-based lentiviral vectors expressing endostatin and angiostatin" Human Gene Therapy May 1 2014
- "REPEATABILITY AND LONGITUDINAL ASSESSMENT OF FOVEAL CONE STRUCTURE IN CNGB3-ASSOCIATED ACHROMATOPSIA" Retina January 31 2017
- "Assessing total retinal blood flow in diabetic retinopathy using multiplane en face Doppler optical coherence tomography" British Journal of Ophthalmology May 11 2017
- "Test-retest variability of functional and structural parameters in patients with stargardt disease participating in the SAR422459 gene therapy trial" Translational Vision Science and Technology September 1 2016
- "Safety and Efficacy of OXB-202, a Genetically Engineered Tissue Therapy for the Prevention of Rejection in High-Risk Corneal Transplant Patients" Human Gene Therapy June 1 2018
- "Prospective evaluation of patients with X-linked retinoschisis during 18 months" Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science December 1 2018
- "Reliability of spectral-domain OCT ellipsoid zone area and shape measurements in retinitis pigmentosa" Translational Vision Science and Technology May 1 2019