My goal as a researcher is to better understand the relationships between disparities, culture, and inequities and how they influence individuals' and families' perceptions, decisions, and outcomes within varied health and education contexts. My research focuses on key areas: 1) Pregnancy and parenting in high-risk contexts (e.g. preterm and multiple birth) and 2) Racism and diversity in nursing and health professions education.
- B.S., University of Wisconsin 1991
- M.S., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon United States 1996
- Ph.D., Oregon Health & Science University, Portland Oregon United States 2002
- Post-doctoral Fellowship - Oregon Health & Science University
- Post-Master's Certificate Option- Oregon Health & Science University - Adult Nurse Practitioner