Dr. Dunaway’s primary career foci include administrative psychiatry and residency training and curriculum development particularly with respect to integrated care settings, acute care settings and training models for encouraging life-long learning. Dr. Dunaway also has an interest in policy ramifications on the PMI population and elderly. Primary clinical education arenas include inpatient and acute psychiatry services.
Reardon CL, Bentman A, Cowley DS, Dunaway K, et al. General and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Resident Training in Integrated Care: a Survey of Program Directors. Acad Psychiatry, 39: 442-447, March 2015.
Cowley DS, Dunaway K, et al. Teaching Psychiatry Residents to Work at the Interface of Mental Health and Primary Care. Acad Psychiatry, 38(4): 398-404, August 2014.
Misra S, Snyder K: Assessment of Decision-Making Capacity in the Elderly Hospitalized Patient. JCOM 17(6): 267-272, June 2010.
Snyder K, Ganzini L: Outcomes of Oregon’s Law Mandating Physician Reporting of Impaired Drivers. J Ger Psych Neuro 22(3):161-165, September 2009.
Snyder KM, Dobscha SK, Ganzini L, Hoffman WF, Delorit MA: Clinical Outcomes of Integrated Psychiatric and General Medical Care. Comm Ment Health J 44(3): 147-154, June 2008.
Dobscha SK, Snyder KM, Corson K, Ganzini L: Psychiatry resident graduate comfort with general medical issues: Impact of an integrated psychiatry-primary medical care training track. Acad Psych 29(5): 448-51, 2005 November-December.
Snyder K, Bloom JD: Physician Reporting of Impaired Drivers. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 32:76-9, 2004.
Hansen T, Snyder K, Messamore E, Hoffman W: Metabolic Side Effects of Antipsychotic Medications: Clinical Laboratory Implications. Labmedicine 35(10): 625-629, October 2004.Read more
- B.S., University of Oregon, Eugene Oregon USA 1993
- M.D., Oregon Health & Science University, School of Medicine, Portland Oregon USA 1998
- Psychiatry Residency, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon 1998-2002
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon 2002-2003
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, # 53469; certification 1/9/2004; recertification 2/3/2014
Memberships and associations
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training, 2010-present