K. John McConnell, PhD, is a health economist, Director of the Center for Health Systems Effectiveness, and Associate Professor in the Departments of Emergency Medicine and Public Health and Preventive Medicine. He received his PhD from the Department of Management Science and Engineering at Stanford University. His academic research has focused on state health policy, behavioral health, and quality improvement.
- M.A., University of Washington-Economics, Seattle Washington 1993
- M.S., Stanford University-Engineering, Stanford California 1997
- Ph.D., Stanford University-Management Science and Engineering, Stanford California 2001
Honors and awards
- 2017 Ranked 25th in NIH funding for principal investigators in Emergency Medicine research
- 2015 Ranked 24th in NIH funding for principal investigators in Emergency Medicine research
- 2006 Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting - Best Young Investigator Presentation, "The On-Call Crisis: A Statewide Assessment of the Costs of Providing On-Call Specialist Coverage."