Julie Soelberg is a faculty member at the Nurse Anesthesia Program and maintains an active CRNA practice at Doernbecher Childrens Hospital. Her clinical expertise is pediatric anesthesia; she has practiced at several renowned pediatric hospitals across the US and has been invited to present locally and nationally on topics related to pediatric anesthesia. She is actively pursuing a research doctoral degree and is entering the dissertation phase of her training. Her research interests are related to opioid prescribing in pediatric post-surgical patients. Julie enjoys living an active lifestyle in Oregon!
Areas of interest
- Pediatric anesthesia
- B.S.N., Nursing University of Delaware Delaware 2005
- M.S.N., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2010
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Honors and awards
- Didactic Instructor of the Year awarded by the Nurse Anesthesia students of Oregon Health & Science University (2014)
- Didactic Instructor of the Year awarded by the Nurse Anesthesia students of Oregon Health & Science University (2017)
Memberships and associations
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Soelberg DJ. Anesthesia for Common Pediatric Surgeries. Oregon Association of Nurse Anesthetist state meeting. Regional presentation, November 17, 2017.
Soelberg DJ, Deverman, S. It’s raining MEN! Thymectomy in an adolescent with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia and Myasthenia Gravis. Society of Pediatric Anesthesia National Conference. National presentation, February 2017.
Schwartz, A. Medori, J. Goldfarb, S & Josephson, M. Plastic Bronchitis: An unusual case for atelectasis in a child with prune-belly syndrome. Pediatric Clinical Cases Poster Presentation American Thoracic Society meeting, 2012. Abstract accepted.