Dr. Thoits is a board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist, meaning that like all child psychiatrists, he is board certified in general adult psychiatry as well. Dr. Thoits enjoys working with patients of all ages but especially kids and adolescents because he enjoys having the opportunity to develop longer term relationships with them to change the developmental trajectory in a positive direction.
In his spare time, Dr. Thoits enjoys spending time with his family, including his wife, two children, and an Australian shepherd. When he does get time to himself, he enjoys reading, soccer and cycling.Read more
- M.D., University of Virginia, Charlottesville Virginia 2007
- General Psychiatry, Oregon Health & Science University, 2010
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Oregon Health & Science University, 2012.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, General Psychiatry, 2011.
Memberships and associations
- Oregon Council for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (OCCAP)