Dr. Witten specializes in Reconstructive Urology for problems of the urinary and genital system. He has advanced training in the treatment of urethral strictures, post-prostatectomy incontinence, erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease, as well as complex problems such as buried penis, adult complications of hypospadias, genital lymphedema, and urethral fistulae.
Dr. Witten is a member of the OHSU Transgender Health Program, one of the most comprehensive and highest volume gender programs in the nation. He works closely with Dr. Daniel Dugi to offer gender-affirming vaginoplasty and vulvoplasty (also known as MtF SRS/GRS), orchiectomy, and metoidioplasty. He also offers care for complications of these and other genital surgeries done elsewhere, as well as care for non-binary and gender non-conforming people. Dr. Witten is active in improving care in these areas through research and education.
A Kentucky native, he has enjoyed exploring the Pacific Northwest since 2010. In particular, he can be found hiking on the Oregon Coast and in the Columbia River Gorge.Read more
- B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, Nashville Tennessee United States 2006
- M.D., University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville Kentucky United States 2010
- Urology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2016
- Reconstructive Urology, University of Alberta, 2017
Memberships and associations
- American Urologic Association
- Western Section - American Urologic Association
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons