Dr. Jonathan Floriani graduated from the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine in 2013 and completed psychiatry residency at the school’s Las Vegas campus in 2017. He then served as an assistant professor for the newly established University of Nevada, Las Vegas School of Medicine as a clinical psychiatrist on a busy consultation and liaison service. He relocated to Portland with his wife, an infectious disease fellow, so they can continue their pursuit of both learning and teaching the art of medicine.
At the OHSU School of Medicine, Dr. Floriani will continue to practice consultation and liaison psychiatry, collaborating with other medical specialists, residents, and medical students in the holistic care of hospitalized patients. In addition, he will be practicing at the newly developed Unity Center for Behavioral Health to treat patients that may be experiencing psychiatric emergencies.
Previously, he served on the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Crisis Intervention Team, working as an instructor to educate newly trained police officers about psychiatric emergencies to improve access to crisis care and appropriate treatment of psychiatric patients. He also served the Nevada Psychiatric Association in multiple capacities, including a year tenure as the Southern Chapter president.
In his free time, Dr. Floriani enjoys the company of his friends and family, outsmarting escape rooms with his wife, enjoying an occasional video game, or reading a good biography.Read more
Areas of interest
- Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry with emphasis in treatment of substance intoxication and withdrawal
- B.S., University of Nevada, Reno Nevada 2009
- M.D., University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, Reno Nevada 2013
- General Psychiatry – University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine - 2013-2017
Memberships and associations
- Nevada Psychiatric Association 2014 – 2018
- American Psychiatric Association 2014 - Present Select publications