Jeff has a background that started out initially in rural primary care, making his start in southern Oregon after graduating from the PA Program at Emory University in 2007. After several years in southern Oregon, Jeff made his way up to Portland and in 2013 joined the inpatient Palliative Care team at OHSU. He currently shares responsibilities as the clinical lead on the inpatient Palliative Care team and is the Interim Section Head for Palliative Care within the Division of Hematology/Oncology at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute.
In addition to seeing patients in the hospital, Jeff is a regular lecturer and speaker for both the PA program and throughout the hospital and university. He has also been a preceptor for PA students interested in Palliative Care. In addition to his activities at OHSU, he is a speaker across the state, and is the President and on the board of the Physician Assistants in Hospice and Palliative Care (PAHPM), the national group for all PAs practicing or with interest in Palliative Medicine and Hospice.Read more
- B.A., Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo Michigan 1999
- M.P.H., Master of International Health (MIH), Curtin University of Technology, School of Public Health, Perth, Western Australia Australia 2002
- M.M.S., Emory University, School of Medicine, Physician Assistant Program, Atlanta Georgia 2007
- Accredited and Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
Memberships and associations
- Physician Assistants in Hospice and Palliative Medicine (PAHPM)— President 2018-2019, Board Member
- American Academy of Physician Assistants(AAPA)—Fellow Member
- Oregon Society of Physician Assistants (OSPA)—Fellow Member
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine(AAHPM)—Fellow Member
- Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)—Fellow Member
Myers, JD. "The Elderly and Hidden Anticholinergics." Advance 16.2 (2008): 50.
Myers, JD. "Growing Old with HIV: The AIDS Epidemic and an Aging Population." JAAPA 22.1(2008): 20-4.