Dr. Moneta's clinical interests include vascular surgery and venous disease, with academic interests in critical limb ischemia, chronic venous disease, the noninvasive vascular laboratory, mesenteric vascular disease, and carotid disease. His bibliography includes over 400 journal articles and chapters. He has given more than 500 invited presentations world-wide.
At OHSU Dr. Moneta is a member of the Department of Surgery Residency Review Committee, the Department of Surgery Finance Committee and Chairman of the Department of Surgery Promotion and Tenure Committee. He has been on the faculty at OHSU since 1988.
- M.D., Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston Massachusetts 1980
- General surgery and vascular surgery, University of Washington, Seattle
- Microvascular physiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- American Board of Surgery, surgery (2006), vascular surgery (2008)
Memberships and associations
- Dr. Moneta is a member of many surgical societies and has served as president of the Western Vascular Society, president of the Pacific Northwest Vascular Society, president of the Portland Vascular Society and president of the American Venous Forum and editor for the Yearbook of Vascular Surgery (10 years), Peripheral Vascular Disease reviewer/editor for the Cochrane Library, assistant editor for the Journal of Vascular Surgery, and is a member of numerous other editorial boards.