Dr. Husain trained and served in the U.S. Army as an Active Duty surgeon from 2001-2010. After completing her training, she had two tours overseas in support of OIF. After completing her time with the Army, Dr. Husain joined Emory University for fellowship training. She then travelled to Denver, CO and helped Colorado's Kaiser Permanente group start the first Metabolic-Surgical Weight Management Department. During her time with KP-Colorado, she was named the Outstanding Teacher by the General Surgery residency program at Exempla St. Joseph Hospital, and was nominated for Provider of the Year. She served as the Area Service Chief for Metabolic-Surgical Weight Management and was a member of the Clinical Competency Committee. She served as the Vice-President of the Colorado Chapter of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). She also is a member of the Bariatric Surgery Committee of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons.
Areas of interest
- Weight loss surgery
- B.S., University of Wyoming, Laramie Wyoming 1997
- M.D., George Washington University, Washington, DC 2001
- General Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA, 2001-2006
- Minimally Invasive Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 2010-2011
- American Board of Surgery 2006