Dr. Stecker's research focuses on improving prevention of sudden cardiac arrest, including through health policy and payment policy.
1. Stecker EC, Vickers C, Waltz J, Miu C, John BT, Mariani R, McAnulty JH, Gunson K, Jui J, Chugh SS. “Population-based analysis of sudden cardiac death with and without left ventricular systolic dysfunction: Two-year findings from the Oregon Sudden Unexpected Death Study.” Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2006;47:1161-66.
2. Stecker EC. “The Oregon ACO experiment – bold design, challenging execution.” New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368(11):982-85
3. Stecker EC and Schroeder SA. “Adding value to relative-value units.” New England Journal of Medicine. 2013; 369:2176-2179
4. Stecker EC, Reinier K, Uy-Evanado A, Teodorescu C, Chugh H, Gunson K, Jui J, Chugh SS. Relationship between seizure episode and sudden cardiac arrest in patients with epilepsy: a community-based study.” Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology. 2013;6:912-6
5. Stecker EC, Reinier K, Marijon E, Narayan K, Teodorescu C, Uy-Evanado A, Gunson K, Jui J, Chugh S. “Public Health Burden of Sudden Cardiac Death in the United States”. Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology. 2014; 7:212-217
6. Stecker EC, Teodorescu CT, Reinier K, Uy-Evanado A, Mariani R, Chugh HA, Gunson K, Jui J, Chugh SS. “Ischemia heart disease diagnosed prior to sudden cardiac arrest is independently associated with improved survival.” Journal of the American Heart Association. 2014. e001160
7. Patel KK, Cigarroa JE, Nadel J, Cohen DJ, Stecker EC. “Accountable care organizations: ensuring focus on cardiovascular health.” Circulation. 2015; 132:603-610
8. Stecker EC, Ayanian JZ, Fendrick AM. “Value-based insurance design: aligning incentives to improve cardiovascular care”. Circulation. 2015; 132:1580-5Read more
- M.D., University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison Wisconsin 1994
- 1998-01 internal medicine residency, Oregon Health & Science University
- 2006-07 clinical cardiac electrophysiology fellowship, Oregon Health & Science University