Dr. Eliza “Hayes” Bakken is a general pediatrician and board-certified lactation consultant who loves taking care of children from birth through adolescence. She has experience and expertise caring for children with a wide array of childhood health issues including well-child care, acute illnesses, and chronic medical and developmental problems. Dr. Bakken is passionate about her clinical work because she believes that through partnership and teamwork with a trusted pediatrician, parents are supported in helping their children lead healthier and happier lives.
When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Bakken enjoys doing yoga and going on family bike rides to relax. Dr. Bakken and her family, including two boys, a dog, and a cat, moved from California for her to become the medical director of the General Pediatric Clinic and are excited to explore all that Portland has to offer.Read more
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine 2008
- Residency: University of California, San Francisco, 2011
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support