Dr. Khoury provides surgical care for the entire spectrum of colon and rectal diseases including colorectal cancer, Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticular disease, hemorrhoidal disease and other benign/ malignant proctologic problems. With more than 10 years of robotic laparoscopic experience, he is able to offer minimally invasive colorectal surgical care which minimizes postoperative pain and shortens postoperative recovery times. This allows patients to get back to their normal activities sooner.
- M.D., University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 1984
- General Surgery, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam, Houston, Texas, 1984-1989
- Colon and Rectal Surgery, Ochsner Foundation Hospital, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1993-1994
- American Board of Surgery, 1990; Recertified 2000; Recertified 2010
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery, 1995; Recertified 2005; Recertified 2015
Memberships and associations
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association
“Anoscopic-Assisted Insertion of End-to-end Anastomosing Staplers.” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum In: Vol. 38, No. 5, p. 553-554.
“Colonoscopic Follow-up of Adenomas and Colorectal Cancer.” Southern Medical Journal In: Vol. 88, No. 5, May 1995, p. 567-570.
“Colon Surveillance After Colorectal Cancer Surgery.” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum In: Vol. 39, No. 3, March 1996, p. 252-256.
“Colostomy Closure: Ochsner Clinic Experience.” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum In: Vol. 39, No. June 1996, p. 605-609.
“Complications of Surgery for Pilonidal Disease and Perianal Hidradenitis Suppurativa.” In: Complications of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Williams and Wilkins. 1999