Despoina Bompolaki is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Restorative Dentistry. She received her DDS from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2009. In 2014 she received her Certificate in Prosthodontics and Master’s in Oral Biology from Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry.
Dr. Bompolaki is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics. She is the chair of the National Prosthodontic Resident Examination Committee of the American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), a member of the Research Submission Committee of the Academy of Osseointegration and a member of the Osseointegration Foundation Research Grant Committee.
She is also a member of the American College of Prosthodontists, the Academy of Osseointegration, the European Prosthodontic Association and the Greek Prosthodontic Society. She maintains a faculty dental practice in OHSU focused in fixed, implant and removable prosthodontics.
As a researcher, she focuses on dental implant outcomes and complication management.
Dr. Bompolaki joined OHSU in 2015.
Areas of interest
- Clinical outcomes of implant restorations
- D.D.S., National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens Greece 2009
- M.S., Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas Texas 2014
- Certificate in Prosthodontics, Texas A&M University, Baylor College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
- Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists
Honors and awards
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry Foundation Student Research Grant for the research study entitled “Implant Restorations within a Dental School Setting: A Retrospective Analysis on Success/Survival Rates and Patient Satisfaction” (July 2016)
- Osseointegration Foundation Charitable Grant (May 2016)
Memberships and associations
- Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics
- Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration Research Submission Committee (2015-2018)
- Member of the Academy of Osseointegration and Osseintegration Foundation Research Grant Committee (2015-2018)
- Chair, National Prosthodontic Resident Examination Committee
1. Bompolaki D, Kontogiorgos E, Wilson JB, Nagy WW. Fracture resistance of lithium disilicate restorations after endodontic access preparation: An in vitro study. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Oct;114(4):580-6.
2. Gerogianni P, Lien W, Bompolaki D, Verrett R, Haney S, Mattie P, Johnson R. Fracture Resistance of Pressed and Milled Lithium Disilicate Anterior Complete Coverage Restorations Following Endodontic Access Preparation. J Prosthodont. 2018 Apr 22
3. Punj A, Bompolaki D, Garaicoa J. Dental Impression Materials and Techniques. Dent Clin North Am. 2017 Oct;61(4):779-796.
4. Tahayeri A, Morgan M, Fugolin AP, Bompolaki D, Athirasala A, Pfeifer CS, Ferracane JL, Bertassoni LE. 3D printed versus conventionally cured provisional crown and bridge dental materials. Dent Mater. 2018 Feb;34(2):192-200.