Dr. Lao specializes in providing anesthesia and sedation for infants, children, and adolescents that require surgery and other diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. In his spare time, Dr. Lao enjoys spending time with his wife Kathy (an ob/gyn at OHSU), reading, running, and hiking along the Columbia River Gorge.
- B.A., Williams College, Williamstown Massachusetts 2003
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City New York 2007
- Internal medicine, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, 2007- 2008
- Pediatric anesthesiology, Oregon Health & Science University, 2011- 2012
- American Board of Anesthesiology, 2012
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Anesthesiologists Society for Pediatric Anesthesia